.

MICHAEL JACKSON DIES AT 50









World most famous Musican Michael Jackson was announced dead at exactly 2. 26pm on Thursday June 25, 2009.

The 50 year old pop star will tell anyone who is willing to hear that he became a veteran long before he became a Teenage. For 50 years, he tasted the Good, bad and the Ugly side of Life. And that is why we are bringing to you 50 comments of Celebrities when he was`announced dead, 50 facts about Michael Jackson and 50 quotes of the icon.

Enjoy!!!

50 FACTS ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSON


1. Jackson’s Billie Jean was the first video by a black artist to air on MTV.


2. Jackson owns the rights to the South Carolina State Anthem South Carolina on My Mind, recorded by Hank Martin and Buzz Arledge.


3. Jackson's waxwork features in five Madame Tussauds museums across the world. Only Elvis Presley and Madonna have more Tussaud figures - they have six each.


4. Jackson's total lifetime earnings from royalties, solo recordings and music videos, revenue from concerts and endorsements have been estimated at $500 million (#271 million).

5. Jackson has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: one for radio play, located at 1541 Vine Street, and one for recording at 6927 Hollywood Boulevard.

6. Jackson received a Presidential Humanitarian Award from Ronald Reagan in 1984 for his support of charities helping people overcome alcohol and drug abuse.

7. Michael Jackson is the seventh of nine children.

8. Jackson fought fellow 50 year old Madonna on MTV's Celebrity Death match - he lost.

9. Three of Jackson's albums - Bad, Dangerous and Thriller - are among the bestsellers of all time.

10. Thriller remains the biggest-selling album since records began.

11. Jackson has sold more than 300 million records worldwide.

12. Jackson wears his trademark black armband to remind fans of the suffering of children around the world.

13. Jackson's favorite superhero is Morph from the X-Men.

14.Jackson picked up his iconic moonwalk moves, which he debuted at the Motown 25th Anniversary show in 1983, from street dancers he spotted performing outside a hotel.

15. MC Hammer once challenged Jackson to a dance-off. He was told to Beat It. Jackson reportedly responded, "I've seen your videos and every single dance move you use, you got off of me."

16. Little Richard wanted Jackson to play him in a biopic.

17. Bubbles the chimp and Ben the rat are two of Jackson's most famous pets, but he also befriended a ram called Mr. Tibbs, a python called Crusher and Louie the llama.

18. An obsessed French Jackson super fan committed suicide in 1984 after his mother refused to allow him to undergo surgery to look like the star.

19. In 1984, a U.S. library accused Jackson of owing it over $1 million in overdue book fines. Officials said they would scrap the fines if he returned the books autographed.

20. Jackson dedicated his 1997 Blood on the Dance floor album to Sir Elton John.
21. Jackson is a vegetarian.

22. Jackson was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of The Jackson 5 on May 6, 1997. He was inducted as a solo artist on March 19, 2001.

23. Jackson once dated Brooke Shields and Tatum O'Neal.

24. Jackson has several media nicknames. They include The Gloved One, Wacko Jacko, Jacko, The King of Pop, and MJ. Close friends call him Smelly!

25. Jackson's music video for Thriller was voted the greatest music video of all time in a recent Channel 4 (UK) poll.

26. Jackson won an MTV Movie Award for Best Movie Song in 1994 for his song Will You Be There from the movie Free Willy.

27. The Scream music video Jackson made with sister Janet is the most expensive promo ever made, costing more than $7 million (#3.8 million).

28. Jackson's double album HIStory is the biggest selling double album ever released in the U.S.

29. Jackson's Blood on the Dance Floor is the biggest selling re-mix album of all time.

30. Jackson really is a King in West Africa - he was given a royal title by villagers in Gabon, Ivory Coast in 1992.

31. Jackson's pre-concert ritual includes drinking Ricola candy dissolved in hot water. He claims the beverage helps to keep his throat and his singing voice clear.

32. Jackson owns the patent for a stage shoe device that allows performers to lean forward and appear to defy gravity.

33. Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana in 1958. The town is planning a tribute museum to the pop superstar.

34. Movie star Macauley Culkin is godfather to Jackson's two eldest children, Paris and Prince Michael.

35. Culkin helped Jackson design the amusement park at his Neverland Valley Ranch home in California.

36. Lisa Marie Presley's former brother-in-law and his wife were the witnesses at her Dominican Republic wedding to Jackson in 1994.

37. Jackson shares the record for the most Grammy Awards won in one year with Carlos Santana and Norah Jones - they each won eight.

38. Jackson co-wrote charity anthem We Are the World with Lionel Richie.

39. Jackson is godfather to Nicole Richie, Bee Gees star Barry Gibb's son Michael, and Oliver star Mark Lester's kids.

40. Jackson and Brother Tito were best men at Liza Minnelli and David Gest's wedding.

41. Jackson's performance during the 1993 Super Bowl half-time show drew the largest TV audience in American history.

42. The directors of Jackson's videos have included Martin Scorsese, John Singleton and John Landis.

43. In 1999 Jackson paid $1.5 (#810,000) for the 1939 Best Picture Oscar, which was presented to producer David O. Selznick for Gone with the Wind.

44. Jackson appeared on a postage stamp in the Virgin Islands in the mid-1980s after locals voted him the superstar they'd most like to honour.

45. An extensive 1997 survey declared Jackson was the Most Famous Person in the World.

46. Jackson helped plan neighbor Gregory Peck's funeral.

47. Jackson once described close friend Elizabeth Taylor as "a warm cuddly blanket that I love to snuggle up to and cover myself with.”

48. Jackson provided a voiceover on the Simpsons - but it remained a secret for 12 years. He voiced a character in a mental institution in the Stark Raving Dad episode, which aired in 1991, but, because of a contractual problem, Jackson had to be credited as John Jay Smith. His contribution to the classic cartoon series remained a rumor among fans until The Simpson’s creator Matt Groening confirmed it really was Jackson when the episode was released on DVD in 2003.

49. Jackson shares the same birthday as U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain, who turns 73 this year. Other celebrities who share Jackson's birthday include moviemakers Sir Richard Attenborough and William Friedkin, and actresses Rebecca DeMornay and Carla Gugino.

50. He died on Thursday June 25, 2009 at exactly 2.26pm.



50 CELEBRITIES COMMENT ON MICHAEL JACKSON’S DEATH.


.1. RIP Michael Jackson, moon walk into God’s arms by HIS Grace… You will be solely missed- Kemi Adetiba
2. I think MJ is the only idol I’ve ever had. I never got the chance to tell him how much he and his music mean to me- Keri Hilson
3. RIP to the greatest artiste/ Entertainer ever Michael Jackson- Banky W
4. Today is so sad- Alicia keys
5. I am shaken though, because one night he was, and now he isn’t. And I so loved him. R.I.P to the true King of Pop. Hope you find rest now- Tosyn Bucknor
6. I'm very sad today ...Michael Jackson is one of the greatest Artistes I looked up to I learnt a lot from watching his videos....his performances...I’m absolutely stunned may his gentle soul rest in peace...."GONE TOO SOON" this is also a lesson to us all life is too short no one is promised tomorrow. Let’s live life to the fullest and put God first- Weird MC
7. When I was 6 I saw this good looking afro wearing boy singing on TV with his brothers, I wanted to be like him. When I first danced in front of a crowd in Igbobi College, it was to 'Don't Stop Till You Get Enough', I wore the white glove, I did the moonwalk, I performed Thriller as a Zombie at the National Theatre, I had tears in my eyes the only time I saw him live at Wembley Stadium... My Michael, Our Michael. - Ayo Shonaiya
8. I’m still in shock. It is so hard to believe that Michael Jackson is gone, I cried for hours as I watched the breaking news on CNN and Sky News at midnight. He's been an icon to me despite all he'd been through, the best performer the world has ever seen. May His Soul rest in peace. - Nikki Laoye
9. I’m overwhelmed by the love shown to MJ in DEATH one, he was denied in the last 10-15years of his life. They called him a pedophile, cosmetic junkie etc. reminds me of Jesus Christ and here on earth Princess Diana- Djinee.
10. “I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don’t have the words. Divinity brought our souls together on ‘The Wiz’ and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the ’80s. To this day, the music we created together on Off The Wall, Thriller and bad is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all…talent, grace, professionalism and dedication. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I’ve lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him.”- Quincy Jones
11. "This is hard, my brother, the legendary King of Pop, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM... It is believed he passed away of cardiac arrest.
12. I can’t stop crying over the sad news; I have always admired Michael Jackson. The World has lost one of the greats, but his music will live forever- Madonna
13. I am so sad and confused with every emotion possible, I am heart broken for his children who I know were everything to him and for his family- Lisa Marie Presley
14. We lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him- Justin Timberlake.
15. The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on music than any other artiste in the history of music. He was magic. For anyone who has ever seen, felt or heard his Art, we are honoured to have been alive in this generation to experience the magic of Michael Jackson- Beyonce Knowles
16. There were serious questions about Jackson’s personal life, myself and my wife joined all Californians in expressing our shock and sadness over his death.
17. Michael showed me you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!!! He made me believe in magic- Diddy
18. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player...I truly hope he is memorialized as the '83 moon walking, MTV owning, mesmerizing, unstoppable, invincible Michael Jackson- John Mayer
19. MJ is moon walking in the sky. RIP- Lauren Bosworth
20. I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!- Demi Moore
21. Rip MJ! Dream as if you'll live 4ever, live as if you'll die 2day. U only live once, but if u do it right that all you need! U did it Big MJ!!- Reverend Run
22.: God rest his soul he will live on forever- Heidi Montag
23. Michael Jackson was my inspiration, love and blessings- Miley Cyrus
24.: Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love, miss & remember your GREATNESS- Ice T
25. If it were not for Michael Jackson I would not be where or who I am today. His Music and Legacy will live on forever. Prayers to the family R.I.P- Ludacris:
26. I have no words. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP...I will be mourning my friend, brother, mentor and inspiration. He gave me and my family hope. I would never have been me without him- MC Hammer
27. I have never felt this before in my life. I could measure my childhood to now on an MJ growth chart. If this is true, RIP. The last legend- Pete Wentz
28. We are out of our joy. He is out of his pain. He was constantly challenged in the press and all he really wanted to be was the greatest entertainer and he was that."- Jesse Jackson
29. Some lost Elvis Presley and we lost Michael Jackson- Wyclef Jean.
30. I am heartbroken. My prayers go out to the Jackson family, and my heart goes out to his children. Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music, his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world & the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world. I feel blessed to have performed with him several times and to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever. – Mariah Carey
31. Michael Jackson, like James Brown and Prince, are nearly uncoverable. The tunes were about his innate talent and can't really be replicated- John Mayer
32. Rest in peace to the greatest to ever do it. His legacy will live on forever- Nick Cannon
33. Either by learning his dance moves, making music like him, listening to his music, dancing to it, falling in love with it, he will be missed- Colbie Caillat:
34. To a man who made a huge impact on my life. Thank you for blessing the world with your talent and heart. May you rest in peace and be w/the angels MJ- Mya:
35. I have never felt this before in my life. I could measure my childhood 2 now on an mj growth chart. RIP. The last legend- Pete Wentz:
36. It can happy to anyone, that's why I live everyday like it's my last- Soulja boy
37. Music will never be the same- Kim Kardashian
38. Someone pinch me! RIP Michael. My thoughts and wishes go out to his family. We’ll always love you Michael- Kelly Clarkson
39. He broke barriers, he changed radio formats. With music, he made it possible for people like Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama to impact the mainstream world. His legacy is unparalleled." - Usher
40. My fifth birthday party was M.J. themed, I insisted and my mother found a look alike to come sing happy birthday but I knew he wasn't MY Michael- Solange Knowles
41. I plea to the public to refuse to consume media that does not respect the anonymity of Michaels children- Ashton Kutcher
42. Sending my love and my prayer out to Michael and his family- Lindsay Lohan.
43.: His music is just as relevant now as it was the day they pressed record, I'm sure it will remain so for generations to come. R.I.P. Mr. Jackson- Samantha Ronson
44. "This was the most exciting collaboration of my life with a man who has inspired me like no other. ... This was the world's greatest performer and the world will miss him."- Kenny Ortega (Director of all Michael Jackson Concerts for 25 years)
45. Michael Jackson's accomplished so much that there's not even words to explain what he's done for urban and pop music. Every artist that I personally know has been influenced by him. The world has lost one of the greatest entertainers who shaped many generations and will continue to for years to come." - Akon.
46. From the beginning of my career, he was my idol in show business. ... I had his poster on my wall." -Celine Dion
47. When we worked together on 'Bad,' I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion." - Film director Martin Scorcese.
48. Michael Jackson might be dead, but he lives on- Kel
49. This is a sad day- Joel Madden
50. There are no words; I am sending all of my love and prayers out to the Jackson family- Cassie Ventura.

MICHAEL JACKSON QUOTES
1. 'The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work'.

2. In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
5. 'I'm a black American, I am proud of my race. I am proud of who I am. I have a lot of pride and dignity."
6. "I have a skin disorder that destroys the pigmentation of my skin, it's something that I cannot help, OK?"
7. "I have five, no six, cameras. When you're performing – and I don't care what kind of performance you are giving – if you don't capture it properly the people will never see it. It's the most selfish medium in the world."
8. "They did it to try and belittle me, to try and to take away my pride. But I went through the whole system with them. And at the end, I – I wanted the public to know that I was okay, even though I was hurting."
9. "I'm a visionary and a creative person. God blessed me with certain talents. I hate to use an analogy, but Walt Disney was creative but not good with business."
10. "It's a beautiful thing [sharing a bed with a boy]. It's very right, it's very loving. Because what's wrong with sharing a love?"
11. "When I see children, I see the face of God. That's why I love them so much. That's what I see."
12. "They did it to try and belittle me, to try and to take away my pride. But I went through the whole system with them. And at the end, I – I wanted the public to know that I was okay, even though I was hurting."
13. "No, I've never taken hormones to maintain my high voice! No, I've never had my cheekbones altered in any way!"
14. "You try be as original as you can be without thinking about statistics, just you go form the soul and from the heart."
15. "Wacko Jacko... Where'd that come from? Some English tabloid. I have a heart, and I have feelings. I feel that when you do that to me; don't do it. I'm not a wacko. It is not nice’
16. "Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight", people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth".
17. “I’m Peter Pan, I will never grow old”
18. I wake up from dreams and go "Wow, put this down on paper." The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face
19.And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance
20. I was a veteran, before I was a teenager
21. Why can't you share your bed? The most loving thing to do is to share your bed with someone. It's very charming. It's very sweet. It's what the whole world should do.”
22.“I'm just like anyone. I cut and I bleed and I embarrass easily
23.Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be lived.”
24. Me and Janet really are two different people
25. I changed. People change.”
26. I am bewildered at the length to which people will go to portray me so negatively
27. I will say again that I have never, and would never, harm a child. It sickens me that people have written untrue things about me
28. People who grew up as child stars have the same thing in common. You're cute, they love you; you go through the awkward stage, they don't accept you any more. Very few make the transition to adult star,”
29. I believe in my heart that the music community will come together as one and rally to the aid of thousands of innocent victims, ... There is a tremendous need for relief dollars right now and through this effort each one of us can play an immediate role in helping comfort so many people.”
30. I have always maintained my innocence, and vehemently denied that these events ever took place. I reluctantly chose to settle the false claims only to end the terrible publicity and to continue with my life and career
31. All of Hollywood has plastic surgery. I don't know why they point me out. The press exaggerated it. It's just my nose, you know. They want it to be everything. Just the nose isn't enough
32“I trusted Martin Bashir to come into my life and that of my family because I wanted the truth to be told,”
33. Everyone who knows me will know the truth, which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child
34.Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation
35.I just wish I could understand my father
36. I rememeber one time we were getting ready to go to South America and everything was packed up and in the car ready to go and I hid and I was crying because I really did not want to go, I wanted to play. I did not want to go.
37. I'm never pleased with anything, I'm a perfectionist, it's part of who I am.
38. I've helped many, many, many children, thousands of children, cancer kids, leukemia kids.
39. Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's the gospel
40. People write negatives things, because they feel that's what sells. Good news to them, doesn't sell
41. My mother's wonderful. To me she's perfection.
42. The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation.
43. There were times when I had great times with my brothers, pillow fights and things, but I was, used to always cry from loneliness
44. Well, you don't get to do things that other children get to do, having friends and slumber parties and buddies. There were none of that for me. I didn't have friends when I was little. My brothers were my friends
45. I had pimples so badly it used to make me so shy. I used not to look at myself. I'd hide my face in the dark, I wouldn't want to look in the mirror and my father teased me and I just hated it and I cried everyday.
46. And I remember going to the record studio and there was a park across the street and I’d see all the children playing and I would cry because it would make me sad that I would have to work instead
47. I was coming out of the shower and I fell and all my body weight - I’m pretty fragile - all my body weight fell against my rib cage. And I bruised my lung very badly
48. I am always writing a potpourri of music. I want to give the world escapism through the wonder of great music and to reach the masses
49. I think that it’s demeaning and disrespectful but I also want to make it clear it’s not just about me but a pattern of disrespect that he has shown to our community. He needs to stop it and he needs to stop it now." - On Eminem`s video for "Just Lose It
50. You ain`t seen nothing yet, and the best is yet to come.
Share on Google Plus

About BLACKHOUSE MEDIA

BHM is Nigeria's leading Media and Public Relations Agency, using traditional and digital techniques to deliver best-possible results for clients and partners. Operating from Lagos in Nigeria and London in UK, BHM delivers the best possible results in a system that’s full of promises.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment